After 15 years in the software development industry, I was inspired by the New York Times and Wall Street Journal's best-selling book 'The Dream Manager' by Matthew Kelly, I felt a calling to implement the principals described in the book at the corporation I work for. My heart longed to make a direct impact in the lives of those around me, so I started 'Dare to Dream', a grassroots community of associates with a desire to be fully engaged in their career and in life.
After much prayer, it became clear I was called to coach. In 2011, I became a Certified Life Coach through The AACC! I haven't learned everything I know directly from a text book, but I do know how it feels to struggle, give up, start over, and fight for my dreams.
In my life, I've suffered the pain of divorce, financial hardship, depression, anxiety, health struggles, the loss of 5 babies to miscarriage, and have faced the fear of starting over.
I was diagnosed with endometriosis, a very painful female disease with no cure. In the span of three years, I endured four surgeries and recoveries - the last of which was a hysterectomy.
I've struggled to find my self-worth and purpose in life. I've watched my dreams almost die. I've felt unworthy and I've felt like giving up. Believe me, I know how difficult it is to hold on. God carried me through and I truly believe He can and will help you overcome, too!
- I love God and am thankful daily for the blessings He pours on my life!
- I'm the proud bonus mom of an amazing and talented son
- I've led worship at Cross Creek Baptist Mission since 1998.
- Over the years, I've served as youth ministry leader, children's ministry leader, & young adult Sunday school teacher.
- I enjoy fishing and hunting with my husband.
- I studied interior design in college but spent 17 years in software development.
- I made the leap from the corporate ladder in March 2015 to pursue my dream of life coaching.
- Prior to coaching, my favorite job was working as a visual merchandiser at JC Penney.
- I'm super-productive when working from my favorite Kansas City coffee shops.
- Having solo parties in my car with the radio on blast is my idea of the best stress relief.
- I'm always eager to attend a themed party, ideally 90's!
- I have mad kazoo skills.